Mental health support for NHS and Social Care staff in Wales
Canopi offers a free, confidential service that provides NHS and social care staff in Wales with access to various levels of mental health support.
Through Canopi you can access self-help, guided self-help, peer support, and virtual face-to-face therapies with accredited specialists.
Canopi aims to provide support to people:
- feeling overwhelmed and distressed
- having difficulties managing the various challenges that the pandemic has brought
- experiencing symptoms of anxiety and depression
- experiencing longer-term effects such as Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Canopi is administered by Cardiff University and funded by Welsh Government.
South Wales pharmacist, Geraint Jones, contracted COVID-19 in April 2020. Geraint was living with a multitude of symptoms after his initial COVID infection, which became extremely impactful on his day-to-day life, both as a professional and as a person.
“Prior to contracting COVID, I was fit, well, and would like to think that I was quite resilient; unfortunately, COVID completely changed my physical and mental health.
The support I received from Canopi was invaluable at an uncertain time when no other support was available.
“This has been a complete eye-opener to what support is available for healthcare professionals and I would definitely (and already have!) recommended Canopi to colleagues.”
Read more about Canopi
- Canopi blog | Meet Canopi: the future of HHP Wales