Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /var/sites/n/ncmh.info/public_html/wp-content/themes/v1/structure/main-banner.php on line 1
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /var/sites/n/ncmh.info/public_html/wp-content/themes/v1/structure/main-banner.php on line 1
Posted October 07th 2014
World Mental Health Day takes place annually on 10th October, and aims to raise awareness of the issues around mental health and illness.
NCMH director Professor Ian Jones hopes that the event will inspire more people to get involved with research.
“Thousands of people have already joined us in making a difference for the future of mental health in Wales, and we are very grateful for their help” said Professor Jones. “As World Mental Health Day puts the issues in the spotlight, we’re asking for more people to come forward and give just an hour of their time towards research.”
On Friday 10th October members of the NCMH team will be attending events across Wales from Cardiff to Bangor, and several Welsh Government offices will screen a short film on the centre’s work for their staff, along with feature length documentary Last Chance Saloon, which the centre worked on with the Wellcome Trust.
So far NCMH has recruited 3500 people aged from 4 to 96 years old from across Wales, and aims to recruit 2500 more.
NCMH researchers are keen to hear from people with experience of all mental health conditions, including schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Friends and family can also help with the research through NCMH’s PlusOne scheme.
If you are interested in helping the NCMH with its research, email email@example.com, call on 029 2068 8401 or complete the form on this page. You can also follow NCMH on Twitter @ncmh_wales for the latest news on research.
World Mental Health Day Events Friday 10th October 2014
- Jenna will be attending the World Mental Health Day event at Bangor University’s Reichel Hall, from 10am – 3.30pm
- Lee and Paul will be at Hafal’s Lets Get Physical Cardiff Event at St Fagans from 11am-2pm
- Laura and Natalie will be at Cardiff University’s event for staff and students in the Viriamu Jones Gallery in the Main Building between 10am-2pm
- Dr Sarah and Gemma will be manning a stall at the Welsh Government offices in Cathays Park between 11am-2pm
- Sarah and April will be at Swansea Network of User Groups (SNUG) annual World Mental Health Day event at Swansea’s Grand Theatre between 10am-3.30pm
Sign up now and receive new blog posts to your inbox.