Help with our research
About this study
During these unprecedented times, it is important to consider the widespread influence that the COVID-19 crisis is having on our society. At NCMH we are trying to understand more about the impact of COVID-19 on individuals with lived experience of mental illness.
If you decide to take part, we will ask you to provide us with some basic information about yourself, your mental health, wellbeing and your experiences related to COVID-19. There is no obligation to take part.
If you’re new to our research, we want to identify people who would be willing to be approached about taking part in future mental health research projects.
To take part
If you are happy to take part in this study please visit our online survey platform to get started.
What will I have to do?
Taking part is voluntary: it’s up to you to choose if you want to sign up.
If you choose to sign up, you’ll be asked whether you would be willing to:
- Provide us with your email address and some personal information (e.g. date of birth, ethnic group and employment status).
- Answer some questions about your mental health and your experiences of COVID-19. This will take approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Allow us to contact you at regular intervals with follow-up questions related to the COVID-19 crisis. How regular we contact you will depend on how the crisis develops but will be no more than once a month.
- Allow us to share anonymous information with other researchers if they have scientific and ethical approval for the questions that they would like to answer.
We will use your answers to improve our understanding of the impact of COVID-19 on mental health and to help influence policy.
We’ve gathered together some information on organisations that you can contact if you need some support.
New participants to NCMH research
Once you have completed the survey, you can choose if you would also like to sign up to keep in touch about NCMH activity and be approached about other opportunities to participate in research. If you agree, you’ll be asked whether you would also be willing to:
- Provide us with additional contact details (e.g. name, address, and phone number).
- Allow us to contact you in the future about other studies that you may want to take part in. There will be no obligation for you to take part in these future opportunities.
- Allow us to contact you every 6-12 months, to invite you to provide more information about your mental and physical health and your lifestyle.
If you agree to this further contact, you can choose if you want to take part in any of the questionnaires, studies, or events that we tell you about when we get in touch with you.
Looking for more information first? We’ve put together the answers to some frequently asked questions.